Have you accidentally deleted or lost the music collection from your iPod?
If so then this article provides precise information, which helps in recovering lost or deleted music files from your iPod. Like hard drives, iPods also use the file system to store and organize the data. Therefore, when you accidentally delete the music file or any other file from the iPod, it is not permanently deleted from the iPod. It only deletes the allocation information that is used to find the file from the file system and such files can be easily recovered by iPod Recovery Mac OS Software. There are several methods to recover lost songs on the basis of specific scenarios. Therefore, it is very necessary to know the exact cause for deletion or loss of songs.
Reviews and testimonials from our users
Following are the common causes for the deletion/loss of Songs from the iPod
- Unintentionally deleted all songs instead of deleting a single file
You might have accidentally deleted the songs directly from the iPod or you might have deleted the songs when iPod is connected to the computer. If you have accidentally deleted the songs from iPod then iPod does not have any option to restore the accidentally deleted files. If you consider the second case i.e. if you have accidentally deleted the songs from iPod on computer then it does not move to Trash instead it bypasses the Trash resulting in loss of songs.
- Accidentally restored iPod to its factory settings
You might have accidentally restored your iPod when your iPod was freezing or not responding. But, when you restore your iPod to its factory settings, all songs as well as other files like videos, photos etc. are deleted from your iPod and iPod get restored to its original factory settings by using updated software.
- Formatted the iPod when format error arises: “Drive not formatted. Do you want to format it now?”
If you have formatted the iPod when it displayed an error message like “Drive not formatted. Do you want to format it now?” then all the songs and other files get deleted resulting in a loss of files. Generally, the above mentioned error message arises when the file system of iPod gets corrupted. IPod may get corrupted due to many reasons like improper formatting, incompatibility issues, power failure problems or improper system shutdown while synchronizing the data etc. resulting in data loss. In this case to perform Mac iPod recovery, you will need an efficient recovery tool.
- Loss of songs due to Synchronization of iPod with iTunes
Generally, a same copy of iTunes library is generated when iPod data is synchronized with iTunes. Hence, if you have accidentally deleted some files from the iTunes library on your Mac and synchronized the iPod data with iTunes then you may not find those deleted files even in iPod. If “Auto Synchronization” option is enabled then your Mac computer automatically starts synchronizing the iPod data with iTunes when you connect the iPod to your Mac Computer resulting in data loss.
So what will be the next step?
- The moment you find that the files have been accidentally deleted or lost then you should immediately stop using the iPod to avoid overwriting of deleted files
- You should use iPod Recovery Mac Software to recover lost or deleted songs from iPod
Why you should use iPod Recovery Mac software?
- iPod Recovery Mac OS is easy, simple and safe to use
- It performs signature search to recognize and recover different types of files from the iPods
- It can recover MP3 files from iPod Shuffle after accidental restore
- It provides preview option to view files recovered from iPods
- iPod Recovery Mac has the ability to sort the recovered files on the basis of file attributes like file name, size, extension creation date etc.
- It can recover music file from iPod of almost all music file formats like MP3, WAV, AIFF, AMR, MP4, etc. Go to http://www.ipodrecoverymac.com/songs.html to know the procedure for recovery of music from iPods.
- It supports different models of iPods like iPod Nano, iPod Classic and iPod Shuffle
- iPod Recovery Mac OS can also retrieve videos from frozen iPod Classic on OS X Lion, Leopard and Snow Leopard
This is how does Mac iPod recovery software works?
Step 1: When you download and launch the iPod Recovery Mac Software, a main window is displayed with 3 options. Select “Recover Photos” option to recover media files from iPods
Step 2: Now from the next screen, select either “Recover Deleted Photos” or “Recover Lost Photos” options according to your scenario
Step 3: Select iPod to start the recovery process. As you select the iPod, the software starts scanning the iPod to recover the data. Once the data recovery process is over, view recovered data to estimate recovery results
Simple and useful tips to avoid data loss
- Always take an instant backup of important files to avoid data loss from iPod
- Take a backup before restoring the iPod to its factory settings
- Properly remove the iPod from the computer using “Eject” option in iTunes
- Disable “Auto Synchronization” option to avoid automatic synchronization of iPod data with iTunes thereby avoid data loss